Find Business Articles
Journal articles provide current information, various points of view on your topic, and information that is not covered in books. Search article databases like the ones recommended below when you need to find journal, magazine, or newspaper articles written about all areas of business.
Find Business Books
When looking for books or video/DVDs on business try these methods:
- Use the FOCUS Library Catalog to locate books owned by the Mount Library. URL: http://focus.msj.edu
- Use OhioLINK's catalog to search for items owned by other Ohio college and university libraries. URL: http://olc1.ohiolink.edu/search/
By following the prompts in OhioLINK's catalog, you may request items to be sent to the Mount.
Learn more about searching OhioLINK's catalog and online borrowing: URL: http://library.msj.edu/content.php?pid=173308&sid=1473908
- Another option is to go directly to other OhioLINK member libraries, such as Langsam Library at UC or Xavier's Library, present your Mount AllCard and check out items directly from their collections.
- To locate items owned by the Public Library of Cincinnati & Hamilton County, use their online catalog: http://catalog.cincinnatilibrary.org/
- Try electronic books databases such as EBSCO EBook Collection or the Electronic Book Center (OhioLINK)
When searching library catalogs, you might begin with a subject search.
Examples of subject search terms:
Petroleum industry and trade
Teams in the workplace
If you are not sure of what subject to search, try using a keyword search. Keyword searching lets you to search words in the title, author, publisher, and subject headings fields. There are many ways to search library catalogs, so if you need assistance, don't hesitate to Ask a Librarian. Contact information is online at http://library.msj.edu/.
For some people, browsing the business section of the Library's book stacks can be helpful. To do this use a call # range.
Call # Range
330’s, 2nd Floor
380’s, 2nd Floor
Commerce, communications & transportation
650’s, 2nd Floor
Management & auxiliary services
657’s, 2nd Floor
659’s, 2nd Floor
Advertising & public relations
Find Business Reference
Dictionaries, encyclopedias, and handbooks provide facts, offer background information, define terminology, and can lead to other resources. The Library has both print and electronic business reference resources which include:
Business Sites: Accounting
Business Sites: Annual Reports
Business Sites: Communication
Business Sites: Ethics
Business Sites: Business News
Business Sites: Company Info
Business Sites: Economics
Business Sites: Entrepreneurship
Business Sites: Finance
Business Sites: Industry Information
Business Sites: International Business
Business Sites: Management
Business Sites: Marketing
Business Sites: Organizations
Business Sites: Statistics
Business Sites: Stock Exchanges
Business Sites: US Government
May 13-August 27, 2017
Days Closed (Summer):
Sat., July 1; Tues., July 4;
Sat., July 8; Sundays
Ask a Librarian
Get Research Help...
during open hours
Call the Circulation Desk: 513-244-4216
or login to your Library Account
Author of This Guide
Susan M. Falgner, M. L. S.,
Head of Public Services