Find Medical Articles
Find Medical Books
When looking for nursing books, videos or DVDs on any topic, try these methods:
- Use FOCUS at http://focus.msj.edu to locate books, videos and other items owned by the Mount Library.
- Use the OhioLINK catalog at http://olc1.ohiolink.edu/search/ to search for items in other Ohio college and university libraries. Follow the prompts in the catalog to request that items be sent to you at the Mount Library. Learn more about searching OhioLink's catalog and online borrowing at http://library.msj.edu/content.php?pid=173308&sid=1473734.
- Another option is to go directly to other OhioLINK member libraries, such as Miami University, University of Cincinnati or Xavier, present your Mount AllCard and check out items directly from their collections. Search local libraries' catalogs at http://library.msj.edu/content.php?pid=173308&sid=1473724.
- Use the catalog of the Public Library of Cincinnati & Hamilton County to locate items owned by the Public Library. Search the Public Library catalog at http://catalog.cincinnatilibrary.org/.
- Try electronic books databases such as OhioLINK's Electronic Book Center and the EBSCO eBook Collection.
When searching library catalogs, you might begin with a subject search.
Examples of subject search terms:Nursing -- history
Newborn infants -- care
If you are not sure of what subject to search, try using a keyword search. Keyword searching lets you search for words in the title, publisher, and subject heading fields. There are many ways to search library catalogs, so if you need assistance, don’t hesitate to ask a Librarian.
For some people, browsing the nursing section of the Library’s book stacks can be helpful. To do this use a call # range:
Find Medical Reference
Dictionaries, encyclopedias and handbooks offer background information, define terminology and can lead to other resources. The Library has both print and electronic nursing reference resources, which include:
Find General Medical Sites
Find Anatomy Sites
May 13-August 27, 2017
Days Closed (Summer):
Sat., July 1; Tues., July 4;
Sat., July 8; Sundays
Ask a Librarian
Get Research Help...
during open hours
Call the Circulation Desk: 513-244-4216
or login to your Library Account