Make an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Request
ILL Interlibrary Loan Guidelines
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service for current MSJ students, faculty, and staff that obtains materials, usually books and articles, not available in the Mount Saint Joseph University Library or OhioLINK collections. Complete and submit the appropriate ILL request form for each item you would like to request.
For most articles, you can make your request directly through the EBSCOhost databases. While in the databases, you will see a “Request this item through Interlibrary Loan” link if your article is not available in full-text. Click on this link, complete the form, and hit submit.
If you find an article outside of the databases, fill out the form.
We can usually obtain requested articles for you quickly because they are sent to us via email. We are not able to guarantee a time frame within which you will receive your request, but a good rule of thumb to follow is 1-5 days. Many times we are able to send you your request the same day that you make it, but do not rely on this as we have no control over when the owning school will email the article to us.
Copyright law permits only five (5) requests per journal title (for articles published within the last five years) to be obtained by a library through ILL per year.
When your article is available you will receive an email with the subject line “The article you requested is now available.”
The email will say “Note: Your requested file is available at:” followed by a link. Underneath this line you will see “Use this case-sensitive password:” followed by a password.
Copy the password and click on the link after “Your requested file is available.” Paste the copied password into the box and click on “Get My File.”
You can then open your article with Adobe Acrobat.
If you have any problems please email us at email@example.com or call the Library at 244-4216.
To obtain books, first check the MSJ Library's FOCUS catalog & OhioLINK to confirm that the book you need is not already owned by MSJ or an OhioLINK library. If available, you can borrow the book here at MSJ or request a copy from OhioLINK.
Books requested through ILL will take longer to receive because they are sent through regular mail. To request a book, fill out the form.
We will email you when your book is available and you will be able to pick it up at the library circulation desk.
- The date due is indicated on the orange band around the outside of each book. The due date is determined by the lending library and must be strictly observed.
- If you would like to renew your book call 244-4798, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for renewal must be made BEFORE the due date. Renewals are also determined by the lending library. If a renewal request is denied the book must be returned.
- A fine of $1.00 per day is charged to ALL PATRONS for each item returned late.
What CAN be borrowed via Interlibrary Loan?
What CAN NOT be borrowed via Interlibrary Loan?
- Materials already owned by the MSJ Library or available through OhioLINK (Please check FOCUS & OhioLINK before making request!)
- Reference materials
- Most dvds
- Entire issues of journals
- Most rare or fragile materials
- Most textbooks
- Some theses and/or dissertations
- Materials in constant use at other libraries, such as current bestsellers
May 13-August 27, 2017
Days Closed (Summer):
Sat., July 1; Tues., July 4;
Sat., July 8; Sundays
Ask a Librarian
Get Research Help...
during open hours
Call the Circulation Desk: 513-244-4216
or login to your Library Account