Library Services for Online/Distance Learning
The Archbishop Alter Library at the College of Mount St. Joseph provides library services for students who are enrolled in online/distance learning and off-site classes.
If you are enrolled in a distance learning class, you may register for library services at an OhioLINK library near your home. This library will serve as your "host library". You will need to identify yourself as a distance learner and provide proof of registration in a distance-learning course.
If you are enrolled in an off-site class, the library at that site may act as your "host library". Contact the Mount Library for help locating a host library.
You may borrow materials from the Mount Library and other OhioLINK libraries by visiting the library and showing your Mount student identification card, or AllCard, at the check-out desk. OhioLINK library materials returned to the Mount Library will be sent to the owning library; however, the borrower is responsible for returning material to the lending library on time. The loan period is set by the lending library.
You may request items from the Mount Library and check them out at your host library. Search the Mount Library catalog, FOCUS, to locate a specific item, or Ask-A-Librarian for assistance in making your request. Items will be mailed to your host library for you to check them out. Mount Library materials checked out at the host library must be returned to the host library. Books are loaned to Mount students for six (6) weeks.
Materials at other OhioLINK member libraries may be requested through the online borrowing module/Pick-up Anywhere option. You will be asked to enter information from your AllCard: your name and library barcode number. You will need to show your AllCard when you pick up requested items. These materials must be returned to the library where they were picked up. The loan period is set by the lending library.
Interlibrary Loan is a service that assists Mount faculty, staff and students in obtaining materials not available in the Mount Library, through OhioLINK online borrowing, or at your host library. The loan period for books is set by the lending library.
The majority of the Mount Library’s electronic databases and online resources are accessible from off-campus via the Internet. You will be asked to enter information from your AllCard: your name and library barcode number. You may also use the public workstations at any OhioLINK library or your host library, to access electronic databases and online resources.
Books, DVDs and other physical items on reserve are located at your host library. Reserve items may not be taken from the library. These reserve items are listed in FOCUS by instructor's name and by course number. Required reading such as journal articles and book chapters may be accessed online through the course Blackboard page.
Research help and assistance with using library resources or locating materials are available from the librarians at the Mount Library, any OhioLINK Library and your host library.
ILL for Distance Learners
Students in the Good Samaritan, Children's Hospital, Cincinnati Bell, and Bethesda Satellite Programs are eligible for interlibrary loan services. Distance Learning students should complete the ILL request form as noted above, answer "yes" to the "Are you a Distance Learner" question, and indicate with which program.
- We will mail articles directly to your home or work address, depending on the address in your patron record. If you would like to change where your articles are mailed call 244-4798, or e-mail Julie Flanders.
- We will not fax articles to Distance Learning students.
- Copyright law permits only five (5) requests per journal title (for articles published within the last five years) to be obtained by a library through ILL per year.
- Books will be mailed to the distance learner's host librarian, and books can be picked up at your respective program libraries. Please remember to check for books in the OhioLINK catalog before requesting a book from Interlibrary Loan. Books requested through OhioLINK can be picked up at any OhioLINK library through the Pick Up Anywhere service. OhioLINK books will not be sent to host librarians.
- Books MUST be returned to the host librarians, or to the Mount library. Interlibrary Loan books can NOT be returned to OhioLINK libraries.
- The date due is indicated on the orange band around the outside of each book. The due date is determined by the lending library and must be strictly observed.
- If you would like to renew your book call 244-4882, or e-mail Char Gildea. Requests for renewal must be made BEFORE the due date. Renewals are also determined by the lending library. If a renewal request is denied the book must be returned.
- A fine of $1.00 per day is charged to ALL PATRONS for each item returned late.
Send any questions or comments to: Julie Flanders, Head of Technical Services, 244-4798.
May 13-August 27, 2017
Days Closed (Summer):
Sat., July 1; Tues., July 4;
Sat., July 8; Sundays
Ask a Librarian
Get Research Help...
during open hours
Call the Circulation Desk: 513-244-4216
or login to your Library Account